"Mills' exceptional strategic skills and ability to influence internal and external audiences were invaluable to our team"
– Director of Communications, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts
"Mills PR has excellent political instincts and intuitively sense what arguments will resonate with a particular audience. They are very dedicated to their causes and clients, and effectively pursue all available avenues for getting the message out"
– Partner, Collora Law Offices
"I would highly recommend their counsel and service to those looking for intelligent and networked communications professionals"
– Principal, TSD Communications, Washington, DC
"The team at Mills helped Osbon Capital activate its brand in a visible way. The press coverage they generated gave our brand tremendous exposure and credibility in the marketplace"
– Principal, Osbon Capital, LLC
"Mills will take on difficult challenges. They have an extensive network of media, political and community connections. They deliver for their clients"
– Director of Corporate Communication, the Kraft Group
"Mills PR are the go-to-agency for any business that needs to connect with key media stakeholders in New England. Their contacts are second to none"
– Principal, Sage Systems
"Mills Public Relations has a take-no-prisoners approach to public relations. They have the creativity, connections and drive to ensure optimal results. Their expertise is especially invaluable when it comes to major PR challenges."
– Vice President of Marketing, Forsyth
Seven Years Riding The Commuter Rail
- Make Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad Company (MBCR) the MBTA’s private-sector commuter rail operator, look good in an era of old equipment, increased customer demand, financial constraint, and other limitations that prevent sweeping reforms.
- Tell story of MBCR, a consortium that the world’s leading rail companies: Veolia Transportation of France, Bombardier of Canada, and Alternate Concepts, located in Boston.
- Since July 2005, Mills has provided MBCR with fully integrated public relations and public affairs services as the rail provider’s Agency of Record. Services included media relations, strategy consulting, crisis communication, event management, digital content development, and social media customer communication. Mills has handled more than 1,500 media inquiries on behalf of MBCR and secured more than 500 positive media ‘hits’ for the company, all while providing 24/7 crisis communications services and managing the rail company’s Twitter account.
- International coverage of MBCR train crew that rescued a “miracle” dog days before Christmas after it was run over by a train
- National coverage of brave MBCR engineer who calmly stayed at the helm of his locomotive and warned customers to brace themselves, even as a runaway freight approached 50 miles-per-hour
- Regional coverage of MBCR engineer who granted a dying six-year-old boy’s dream to “captain” a train
- Regional coverage of MBCR customer service team, which made a bride’s “wedding train” dream come true
- Regional coverage of MBCR conductor whose sharp eye found a bride-to-be’s engagement ring under a seat after the precious gem slipped off her finger